You'll never fall into tourist traps when you travel with Frommer's. Doing so is like having a trusted friend show you around, taking you to the places locals like best. That's because our guidebooks, unlike much of the competition, are written by resident experts—like Celia Pedroso and Paul Ames, the authors of Frommer's Portugal. Both are Portugal-based and highly respected travel journalists. In this proudly opinionated book, they will help you sort through all the options, so you can tailor a vacation that's right for you.
Inside this book you'll find:
• Insider advice on avoiding crowds as you explore some of Portugal's greatest gems, from Lisbon's Alfama to the beaches of the Algarve, and from the Palácio Nacional de Sintra to the Quinta Palmeira Gardens in Madeira—plus tips for navigating the country's lovely but less-traveled corners, like Trás-os-Mantes and the Minho
• Where to discover the absolute best seafood in Lisbon, the tastiest fruit in Sintra and Alcobaça, and the finest wines that Portugal has to offer
• Insightful commentary on Portugal's dazzling array of architectural masterpieces, from the Gothic Mosteiro de Santa Maria da Vitória in Alcobaça to the Baroque Palácio Nacional de Queluz.
• Opinionated reviews—no bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our experts are passionate about their country, and they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
• Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity, so there's never any guessing or nasty surprises
• Lodging, restaurant, and shopping recommendations in all ranges from luxe to moderately priced choices for real people
• User-friendly features including star ratings, detailed maps, and a pullout map of the country